Thanks for the warning! Ive got a machine at High Sierra. It works with gtx cards. I read I didn’t need the last update of driver. I see the update to macOS today. Thanks
Seeing how long it has been since a driver update was released, I'm wondering if NVidia is EVER going to update their drivers. Hopefully a security update will push things along faster. Right now, my machine has the update installed, but still requires a reboot. I'm toast if I reboot.
Well, I'm very thankful for APFS snapshots. It only took a few minutes to restore my system to a point in time before the update got applied.
Here is a response from Nvidia I got last night about this problem.....
From: Nvidia Customer Care email@example.com
Subject: I am running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 with Security Update 2018-003 which I... [Incident: 181205-001337]
Date: December 6, 2018 at 12:10 AM To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
To access your question from our support site, click here Subject
I am running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 with Security Update 2018- 003 which I...
Thank you for contac4ng NVIDIA Customer Care. This is Arun assis4ng you with your query and I understand that you are looking for drivers to support Mojave
I am sorry for the inconvenience
Note that currently there are no drivers officially released to support Mojave. You may want to wait 4ll the drivers are officially announced / released
Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused but please con4nue to post us for any further queries and we would be glad to assist you
NVIDIA Customer Care
Response By Email (Arun) (12/06/2018 12:10 AM)
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (12/05/2018 10:39 PM)
The following answers might help you immediately. (Answers open in a separate window.)
Answer Link: WHEN I TRY TO LAUNCH A GAME ON GEFORCE NOW FOR MAC, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WITH CODE 0x800B0016. HOW CAN I FIX THAT?
Answer Link: DO I NEED TO MANAGE MY NVIDIA DRIVERS OR GAME UPDATES MYSELF?
Answer Link: HOW CAN I REDUCE LAG OR IMPROVE STREAMING QUALITY WHEN USING GEFORCE NOW?
Answer Link: Is voice chat supported with GeForce Now? Answer Link: I am getting the Error Code 0x4010002. What does this mean?
Customer By CSS Web (Timothy Freitas) (12/05/2018 10:39 PM)
I am running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 with Security Update 2018-003 which I installed today and now my video card works hardly works. What happened? I want to update
to Mojave but I have been waiting for months now. Please
Question Reference # 181205-001337
Date Created: 12/05/2018 10:39 PM
Date Last Updated: 12/06/2018 12:10 AM Status: Waiting for customer
to Mojave but I have been waiting for months now. Please help.
The old (pulled) Web Driver 318.104.22.168.15.108 does indeed still work fine with HS Security Update 003 Build (17G4015). I expect with time Nvidia will have a dedicated one. But, for me, the old 108 driver is still working fine.
Same here: no problem with last driver and HS update
So if you're a dummy like me who updated and now doesn't have a driver, is there a way to instal the 108 driver? I found a download link but the installer tells me that "this driver is not compatible with this version of macOS" and won't install.
Or do I just wait for Nvidia to roll out a new one?
I have problem with my Macvidcards Titan Card. Something have happened after installing the High Sierra Security Update 2018-003 or trying to run Windows 7 in Bootcamp.
The Desktop is not refreshed properly after a window have been moved.
I have tried other system but no different result.
Is it possible to reset the Card back to the Macvidcards status?
Are there another tings to try?
I like to report: Problem solved!
After a fresh install of High Sierra and then applying the updates, including Update 2018-003 and the new WebDriver 322.214.171.124.40.113 the System behaviour looks OK for now.
The official Web Driver for Security Update 003 is now out:
However. I'm stickin' with the old 108 driver that has worked so well for me.
Just installed new NVIDIA driver. Web drivers now working again with the latest 10.13.6 OS updates.
System: 5,1 with GTX 770
The question now is, who will test this with Mojave?
Installed the web driver 3126.96.36.199.40.113.pkg and my computer is happy. Thanks flowrider for the link. I was having a problem of the apply DVD Player reporting a [-70071] error when I launched it. After I installed this new driver everything when back to normal. Oh well I an now a very very happy camper.
Hey guys, so if you want to update, you better use the download here https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1984
I downloaded the update from the App Store on two computers (iMac/Mapro) and had the problem that it didn't install correctly. Followed by false starts with a console/terminal log view.
But with the download it worked directly. But I only tried it when I completely reinstalled a computer.
Apple is really losing quality.
Why have you not put the newest high sierra nvidia driver up yet? It's been out for a while. Is there something wrong with it?
So here's the skinny. Apple no longer supports OpenGL on Mojave and the video driver has to support Metal2 which is an updated version of Metal. Apple produced drivers with AMD but not Nvidia.
So Nvidia has to go back and re-engineer things considerably to be compatible with Metal2. Then they have to wait for Apple to approve the drivers and sign them or they won't install.
No word on where Nvidia is in this process and mum from Apple as well. But it may be a while. Not knowing all the intimate details but it seems to be considerable work that caught Nvidia by surprise. Apple catches everyone by surprise if you aren't paying close attention and looking at the writing on the wall drawn in invisible ink.
I am stuck in this boat with you, I bought a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti in anticipation of Mojave but ended up back pedaling to High Sierra. The card is fast and runs well. Just waiting, waiting, waiting...
I have a very, very strong feeling that Apple will not allow any of the older cards to install in the old towers. I love Apple, but anticipating being stuck on High Sierra for a while to only then worry about all support stopping in about a year or two, I went ahead and made a list for a killer PC build that's slightly more powerful than the 10 Core iMac Pro configured with 32GB of 2666MHz RAM, the 8GB graphics cards and 1TB SSD, which is at $6,399, all for only $3,200. And it's future proof with a x299 ATX motherboard. So it'll be ready for the next Intel processors. Hate to leave Apple, but they forced my hand on this one.
Hey, ha Ha, even RED says that Apple should do something so that cuda doesn’t just run on Windows IN THE FUTURE. Anyway, i think it clould be to late, Right now. Next Year i will also Switch to a pc.
Restraint of trade.
Any lawyers here?
Its now the 15th of January 2019 and not much has been updated here or on the Nvidia websites. Any news on a driver for Mojave so we can all start using our cards to their full potential?
have a look here... apple dosen't make it possible.
I think its time we all stopped pretending that a new web driver is forthcoming, either for High Sierra or for Mojave. Apple is actively preventing the use of Nvidia GPUs on its hardware and this isn't going change any time soon. So either stay with the GPU/OS you have, move to an AMD GPU, or shop around for a new Mac or – as many people are – a PC. I'm desperate for a new Mac Pro, but I'm slowly falling out of love with apple and that prick in charge, Tim Cook, who's the very opposite of a visionary leader (and is full of shit, to boot).
That's right, I'll work with the old Mac as long as I can and it doesn't get too slow. But future business investment will no longer go to Apple.
So it all comes down to some petiness from people up the food chain at Apple?
I rather belive it’s something ordered by Tim Cook himself, better to have a petty sad boss than someone who doesn’t even care what the hell its going on.
Here we go again...another security update that screws up everything. I should know better by now. Anyone found a updated driver for security update 2019-001 (macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)). Why do these simple updates always mess up the drivers. I'll bet you a dime to a donut that the old driver works but the software doesn't list this new update and as soon as someone fixes that it will work just fine. Please Help!
Read my post above dated 12/6/2018. Driver 3188.8.131.52.15.108 is still working.
Sorry flowerier but the OS won't let me reload that version. Do you have one that has some kind of magic sauce or something?
Has anyone heard from Dave about shipping out or receiving any orders lately? Is there a notice about him being on vacation/hiatus or anything? I haven't seen anything about that on the website.
He'd been pretty good responding to me about a big purchase/trade-in but completely stopped communication on Jan 3. Sent him a number of emails about the purchase we made but no response. I understand this isn't his main priority but he's been good at communicating all the years I've purchased from him. Hopefully everything's ok but wanted to see if anyone out there knows if he's on hiatus or temporary closed down, or something...
It's opened, but he always replies late.
New web drivers are out.
Installed it yesterday and it worked perfectly for me.
MacPro 5.1 12 core 2010 running High Sierra macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
Let me ask an elementary question, because I am new to the updating web drivers process. I have had the web driver utility installed for several years on my MP 5.1 but only have used it with a GPU with native support. So the initial installation of my Macvid card was easy -- the proper web driver was already in place.
So, is the process now to download and update the latest security update (17G5019) with the last NVIDIA driver (113) installed and then do the Driver update(118)? It seems as if this is the way...
That's pretty much it, Walter. I would strongly advise you to not do any security or any other updates that require a restart until you see a new web driver for High Sierra on the NVIDIA website. Other than Mojave, it's usually no more than a day or two after the update comes out.
Whether you install the driver manually or let the web driver utility do it for you is your preference. And, per this whole thread, there may never be a web driver for Mojave, so stick with High Sierra until a Mojave driver has been released. Personally, I like to stay 1 OS behind anyway...let the bleeding edge folks find the bugs.
Thanks, I just updated to the latest High Sierra build, the update went smoothly, installation of the new webdriver (3184.108.40.206.40.118) also with no glitches. My GPU is GeForce GTX 970.
Do you guys ship internationally?
Running a couple of MacPro's (5,1) with 10.3.6 (17G5019) and (3220.127.116.11.40.118) and have noticed that the machines will not complete the boot process unless there is a Mac "compatible" display attached.
Has anyone else run into this problem?
Also when attached to a screen we are seeing the grey screen + "DOS" boot process, but it does boot properly.
Any tips, help on this?
Thanks / Jack
I had a similar problem on my 5,1, and it was exacerbated by using APFS.
I stopped using APFS and went back to an Apple Cinema Display and now it works reliably.
I'm using an 34 LG Ultrawide Display with DisplayPort cable from an 1070 and have no problems on the latest high Sierra system. Also I'm using apfs. But, my 27 dell monitor dosen't work... bizarre.
Yeah, our issue is we have a couple of LG 32UD99-W.
We always need to boot the MacPros's with Apple monitors and then plug the LG's.
I have an LG32UD99-W as well with same issue, have you found any solutions yet? Also, I've not been able to set the LG32, once connected after boot, to the full 3840x2160 resolution of the monitor, even though the system profiler recognizes that is the native display resolution. How did you get UHD res out of your 2x LG32's?
Safe to perform security update 2020-005 for OSX 10.13.6?
I am currently running 10.13.6 (17G3025) with GTX 1070 and Nvidia driver 318.104.22.168.40.108, the most up to date driver.
I have avoided updating to the latest patch for 10.13.6 because of potential driver incompatibilities.
Has anyone with a GTX 1070 or equivalent performed the 2020-005 security update successfully, and did it go smoothly? were there subsequent driver issues after the update?