Updated today with the combo installer.
Looks like the Combo Update Build is 17C89 … and the App Store update built is 17C88!
Hope Nvidia will release a specific driver for the combo updater soon, but this is getting really awkward.
Come on Apple!
No problems with 17C88 and the latest drivers so far.
So my system looks like it did an auto update to 10.13.2 while I was away. That sucks because I didnt know it was set to even do that. It seems the web driver isnt working. I did a remote connection and say it was showing available in the nvidia manager, so I downloaded and installed it, but I am still stick only in the OS X driver. When I select the web driver it asks me to reboot, it does and pops up the manager again show a red "No GPU Detected" in it. Not sure how to solve this one. The last update went just fine.
Well I had to put my R9 280X back in. The latest driver for my 980Ti installs just fine, but when my system reboots it reverts itself to the built in driver. Nothing I have tried including removing the file from the library folder and attempting to reinstall works. This really sucks. Apple is a bunch of jerks now and it seems they are going to just keep making those of us with nice 2012 and below Mac Pro systems suffer as if we were Hackintosh users.
I hope to see this fixed soon again, and I can revert to my 980Ti again. I really hate this Radeon crap card.
No trouble at all here; installed macOS 10.13.2, rebooted, updated graphics driver, rebooted, installed new 387.99 CUDA driver. Perfect.
What card are you running? I see that some people have had trouble with the 980 Ti and this update.
CUDA says GPU (980 Ti) not supported and web driver doesn't boot to nvidia driver only default osx driver.
I have the same issue. No matter how many times I remove the driver and reinstall it I cant get it to boot to the driver. It just reverts to the default OSX driver.
Sadly I have my previous card back in for now until I can find a fix. At least its a 3GB Macvidcards R9 280X OC.
Have you been able to resolve this yet? I also have a 980 TI and am going to hold off until confirmation.
Also for those that have build 17C89 from the combo installer here is the updated driver from Nvidia.
NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.2 (17C89)
Are you running a 980 Ti? Did this fix your issue? Thanks.
I am still on 10.12.6 on a MacPro 5,1 with a 980ti using the web drive 378.05.05.25f03 and am afraid to make the upgrade. Should I hold off until this stuff gets sorted out?
Version 378.05.25f04 dropped today to fix the security update apple Dec 13 security update. Seems to work fine. Still have not moved to high sierra
I have a Mac Pro 3,1 running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 17C88 (using http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/ patch). SIP is enabled. I have an EFI Radeon 2600 XT that I can boot off of. I just today received a non-EFI nvidia geforce gtx 770. When I ordered it, I wasn't aware of all the High Siera/Nvidia driver issues.
So far, I have not been able to get any video output on this card. I'm curious if that should be possible with native drivers or not? I have been trying various fixes found in this blog and comments to see if I can get this working (ultimate goal is to drive a 4k UHD display, but any output would be a nice start).
Mac 3,1 - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 17C88, SIP enabled
used the http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/ patch
Installed Geforce GTX 770 2GB card. It shows up in Graphic/Displays as "NVIDIA Chip Model" device id 0x1184, revision id 0x00a2.
Installed latest nvidia 3220.127.116.11.102 and cuda drivers. 387.99. Rebooted, then checked nvidia preferences where it suggest I reboot again to apply changes. Did that.
On cuda system preferences, it says "no update available". But below that it says Cuda 387.99 Update Required.
Rebooted a few times disabling and re-enabling nvidia web driver vs osx driver.
Next, i deleted NVDAStartupWeb.kext as per http://www.macvidcards.com/blog/high-sierra-supplemental-update-hold-off-for-now-if-you-need-web-driver#comments
Uninstall nvidia driver, rebooted, (am now 100% on native). Reset PRAM.
Install 318.104.22.168.25.102, rebooted twice. Still showing card as generic nvidia chip model.
Hook up the power cables, they're not optional.
Both power cables are connected.
All 14 pins on card connected?
BTW, 770 runs just fine on OSX default drivers. No need for all the monkeying with Web drivers. You are creating problems that don't exist.
Thanks. I do see the one power connector on the left (towards front of case) has 8 instead of 6 pins. I'll have to find an 6 to 8 pin adapter. Hopefully that is the issue.
All pins must be connected, they are not optional.
Just like you can't jump start a car with a cable missing.
Cards like that frequently ship with Dual 6 to 8 adapters, only one side works alone.
We sell a cable for $10 that solves your issue.
I've written to you numerous times about the missing cables from my 1080Ti order number 636094563. When are you going to send them to me so I can plug them in, it's been 4 weeks that I've had this useless card that I can't do anything with.
Are there any issues with Sierra and the new drivers? Ever since upgrading, I am getting these really nasty stalls when the screens are back to life (after screens are sleeping). The whole system crawls for about 2 minutes.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8192 MB graphics
2x displays (1920x1200 and 1920x1080).
macOS: 10.12.6 (16G1114)
MacPro 5,1 56GB Ram
The same here since under Sierra and also under High Sierra (but much, much less).
Mac Pro 4.1/5.1, 48GB RAM, GTX980Ti, 2 displays, now MacOS 10.13.2
I bought a card (1080) from them last year and got it in reasonable time. I do agree they need better support, especially at the cost of many of these cards. I wish Apple would stop making it hard for purveyors like them to do business, so they could come out of the shadows and offer to the masses.
I have a mac pro 5,1 and have installed a 980 Ti purchased from Macvidcards. The card seems to work fine if I connect separate power supply to the PCI-E aux connectors on the card. I can run gpu_burn and Unigine Heaven at max quality. If I just rely on the PCI-E aux connections from the logic board the computer turns off when doing anything stressing. It can run the Unigine benchmarks at low quality fine. I have connected a "kill-a-watt" to the power supply powering the graphics card. It shows 220 watts when heaven is running at max quality. If I add 75 watts to 220 that gives 295 watts. The specs for the Mac Pro 2012 say the total power for all PCI-E cards max is 300 watts. I do have a USB 3 card and an ESATA card, but from a little research those should only be using maybe 10 watts give or take. My question is if the internal power supply is weak or going bad. Does any one use a EVGA 980 Ti solely on the internal power supply without the computer turning off?
This is an old thread but it may help. I think 5.1 Mac are 980 watts.