Nvidia GT 640/740 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB
An excellent low cost option for adding additional monitors or replacing older GPUs. And the best and cheapest option for macOs Mojave Metal support ! Tested and working in Beta 1. A GT640 with DP and a DP to MDP adapter will be an awesome replacement for GT120. Gives you Mojave Metal support, 2 to 8 times the VRAM and no power cable needed.
Web Driver from Nvidia is optional, will run better with but is not required.
There will likely be a run on these as fall approaches, get yours now.
- Mac Pro Model 3,1, 4,1, or 5,1
- Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- Most current CUDA driver
- Also compatible with Windows (via BootCamp or in a traditional PC)
- Compatible with OS X and Windows (via BootCamp or in a traditional PC)
- Boot Screen support from all ports at startup (for standard, non-4k monitors)
- Runs on the Mac Pro's internal power supply
- PCI Express 2.0 support in OS X and Windows
- Supports three concurrent displays via the available ports: dual-link DVI, HDMI 2.0, and DisplayPort 1.2
- 4K 30Hz support from HDMI, 4K 60Hz support from DisplayPort
- Metal, CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL in applications that support them
- 1 Flashed Used Nvidia GTX 640 1, 2, or 4 GB (card may have a different fan/branding than pictured)
- 60 Day Warranty
- Returning a card that is not damaged or defective is subject to a 10% restocking fee
- $10 USPS Priority Mail
- $0 Local Pickup (Los Angeles, California, inquire by email)
- $60 via USPS Express Mail International ($50 Canada)
- $175 via Fedex International Priority ($125 Canada)
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to purchase. Please monitor the tracking of your order.
If you already own a GT 640 and would like to send it to us to have it flashed with a Mac EFI visit our Flashing Service page. The card should have the same port arrangement described below in the Key Features section. Click here for details on this service.