Anyone else try a new Titan-X Xp on a cMP?
Everytime I hit Heavy Lode Test Mode in CUDA-Z it shuts off my 4,1 12Core like a switch.
Not a good sign.
My PSU may be dying, but sure seems like this may be a bridge too far.
1080Ti good so far.
So, the old trusty cMP 4,1/5,1 is getting longer in tooth as we wait for Apple to get out of their coma.
Lots of noise that it is too CPU bound for these nifty new Pascal cards.
Decided to give them a workout. Ran Valley at 5K in Ultra.
Check out these numbers.
1080Ti and Pascal Titan-X Xp coming soon.
For more complete testing, see Barefeats.
Our bestest buddies at Nvidia just sent their X-Mas present early.
Drivers for all their latest cards, now for 10.12.4. See our drivers page.
We have working EFI, doing final testing and security mods before we start shipping EFI cards.
Should be within a week.
And I have seen boot screens on cMP using 1080 and first Titan-X Pascal.
Obviously we need to test the EFI with actual working drivers, but we should be good to go with Mac Editions of these cards soon.
It's a good time for Macs again!
The trash can drought is lifting.
More info soon.
Hopefully you've all seen the Fireball news.
After 4 years of their "flat earth" policy, Apple has awakened !
New modular Mac Pro promised for sometime after 2017. Can only be good news. Means more and better GPUs coming again. (they'll keep selling the Dx00 cards as they pass their 6th birthday in December)
This is great news for everyone interested in getting work done on a Mac. Let's hope it isn't just PR and marketing and Apple wants to be a player in Post Production again.
Looking forward to the new coffee tables made of glass supported by old nMP 6,1s as they finally become truly useful.
Thanks to Nvidia for keeping heat on them. You can get more work done in a 2009 cMP with a 980Ti than on a whirling dervish 6,1, largely because Nvidia kept writing drivers, even Apple said "No Thanks."
So, do one last update for us Nvidia, those Pascal drivers could keep many more happy until new one appears!
Been helping a few people out with this issue and an irate Dane just convinced me it needs a Blog post.
Quite simply, the issue occurs when you install the Web Driver, do a reboot, and find that the OS X Default Driver is still selected. Even when you select the Web Driver again, on reboot you find it still is using the OS X Default.
I have seen this myself and don't know exactly WHAT is happening. Good news, I know how to fix it. And at this point be very glad you have an MVC EFI card, because4 those with unfleshed cards are staring at a black screen.
DO a good, old fashioned PRAM reset. Use the 4 key method or a terminal command, whichever you want. Point its, on next boot it will be on OS X Default again. This time when you select Nvidia Web Driver you will find it sticks.
Has worked in 100% of cases so far. Enjoy your cMP, new ones just a year or two away!
#1 piece of advice for "Security Update"s from Apple...DON'T RUN IT WITHOUT THINKING !!! (ie, see if new Web Driver out yet)
With 10.12.2 going official there were new Secuirt Updates for 10.10 and 10.11.
And both broke Web Drivers
And now we're getting emails.
Best bet for now is to use the "Beta" driver for that OS. I know this work for 15G1212, haven't got word on the 10.10 OS.
Look before you leap and always wait for the WebDriver !
We will update the driver page within 24hrs of Nvidia releasing a fix.
So we are getting more than a couple emails regarding the mismatch between 10.12.1 update from Apple showing build "16B2657" and Nvidia providing a driver that matches to "16B2555".
I can confirm that the mod listed below will work. Just change the "OS required" string to match to "16" and it works fine. (You will need to disable CSR)
Working on new stuff, and can report EFI running on some new cards soon.
Orders still shipping, all good here.
Nvidia has already released a final driver for macOS 10.12. Please see our driver page for a link.
I was able to EASILY move from a Sierra Beta to the Final version
Thanks again to Nvidia for their continued support.